This came to my attention when I started receiving ERROR logs in the windows APP log of a WFE:
Log Name: Application
Source: Microsoft-SharePoint Products-SharePoint Foundation
Date: 2013/10/02 07:24:00 AM
Event ID: 6398
Task Category: Timer
The Execute method of job definition Microsoft.SharePoint.Diagnostics.SPDatabaseServerDiagnosticsPerformanceCounterProvider (ID 5bce4422-820a-465f-aee4-5ce0f31640ce) threw an exception. More information is included below.
SharePointDbServer:The network path was not found.
Please ensure that the database server is available
Eh.. duh.. of course the database server is available.. I personally know the DBA ! :P :P
(Yeah, he's one of my personalities)...
Ok; so .. apparently when you use the SPDiag toolkit from MS, this toolkit starts monitoring stuff and will trigger above ERROR in your eventlog, as being described here:
Thank you so much Mohammed Al-Basri for pointing this out :)
I added the HOME ip (in this case it's a single server install) 127.0.0.1 + DB ALIAS name and voila, another problemo solved !